Following on from the President’s announcement yesterday and the email correspondence received from the CEO of SA Rugby on the 16th March 2020.
SA Rugby in conjunction with the GLRU have implemented the following:
1. Stop all school rugby training and matches until the 14th April in line with the date as provided on school holiday by the President (effectively a Department of Education decision but this would be our directive to our Unions and Associate SASRA).
2. Stop all community rugby training and matches until the 14th of April. All players to train on an individual base. Group training to start after that date and leave a two-week reconditioning and training period and start matches on the 25th April until further notice.
3. Stop all Provincial Union rugby and training. All players to train on individual base. Group training to start after that date and leave a two-week reconditioning and training period and start matches on the 25th of April until further notice. (This includes the postponement of the Supersport Challenge Series).
4. The Gold Cup is being assessed but most likely will not continue as community rugby is being suspended and will leave very little time for qualification. Final Call will be made in May.
5. Youth Weeks, the July Tests and Currie Cup will be reviewed in May but remain as scheduled currently.
6. Critical meetings will be done by Teleconference or other viable tools available, bearing in mind that not all individuals will have access to these tools.
7. Implement all self-isolation, quarantine and medical care guidelines as per the WHO, The Presidents Measures, Department of Health and NICD.
8. All SA Rugby training, High performance and education programs (including BokSmart) are postponed until April 14 or are to be delivered by video conferencing.
~ Golden Lions Rugby Union