High school attended: High School Sannieshof, North West Province. Studied at The North West University – NWU: Human Movement Science & Psychology, Sport Science Honours.
Mentors: My Mom, Lecturers
Provincial rugby team that you support: The Blue Bulls
Positions held: Head Blue Bulls Sport Scientist 2014-2017 / Founder Fierce Pro Recovery 2018
Hobbies and Interests: Sport, Traveling and spending time with family & friends
Favourite holiday destination: Cape Town & Bushveld
Favourite meal: Seafood Pasta
Quote that you try to live by: “Stay true to yourself! Always set new goals for yourself, but never ever forget where you come from! It is not what you take, but what you leave behind”
1. When and how did your love and passion for sport begin Lee-Anne?
I grew up in a sporting family so it runs in my DNA. I played provincial hockey but due to injury, I decided to give back to sport in another way & I specialized in rugby. I firmly believe it is my purpose & calling in life.
2. Can you give us some highlights of your coaching career?
Being appointed as Head Sport Scientist at The Blue Bulls Company in 2014, and founder of Fierce Pro Recovery – 2018
3. Tell us what goes through your mind as a coach during a very close and tense match?
There is no better feeling, like the adrenalin rush, seeing the players excel and reach their full potential. Knowing that all the attention to detail & preparation is done.
4. How have you managed to keep sport in general “alive” during this challenging Covid-19 pandemic and lockdown?
We moved all athletes recovery info & programs online as far as possible with regular zoom / team meetings connect sessions to make sure they stay focused & understand the importance of not only their Physical, but also their Mental Wellness.
5. What advice do you have for young and upcoming female sporting coaches?
Stand your ground & always be open to learning & growing. Attend as many Sport & Medical Summits / Conferences to broaden your knowledge.
Create your own opportunities, set realistic & measurable goals.
“When you love what you do, you will never have to work a day in your life!”
6. Do you follow Pegasus Publishing on their social media platforms and if so, what do you find sets us apart from all the others?
Yes, I do. Their attention to detail is phenomenal.